This is my up to date Festival Packing List for Camp Bestival 2014. Last year was my first festival, first time camping as an adult and the first time camping with children. I wrote a packing list to help organise myself and shared it with you all. Would I do things differently this year? I sure would and this is my updated packing list for Camp Bestival 2014:
But basically split it into sections..
- Tent – Pegs – Mallet < Still the same, but make sure your tent is decent, ours was cheap and it broke! This year we are taking a bell tent.
- Lantern – Torch – Glow Sticks < Again, these are a must, even with a torch I lost count of the times we tripped over guy ropes trying to get to the toilets in the night.
- Air Beds – Foot Pump < We took 2 doubles last year and I hated it! I ended up sleeping on the floor between the 2, whilst the girls were on one, and the husband and baby had the other. This year we are having 5 singles air beds.
Sleeping Bags– Pillows – Blankets < I officially don’t do sleeping bags! I hated the restriction of them, so this year it will be duvets, pillows and sheets over the air beds.
- Ground Sheet
- Camping Chairs < We took 5 last year, and the kids barely sat still, so I will take a picnic rug for them and just 2 chairs for me and Dan.
- Wind Sock & Pole (May help you locate tent easier) < We relied on our friends last year, but they had quite a popular one, so it defeated the object, luckily some one camping behind us had a huge flying pig! I am currently on the look out for some thing unique!
Swiss Army Knife< Really? Its not needed, just remember a bottle opener and you’re sorted.
- Large Cool Box < Our ice blocks all melted quite quickly, but the empty cool box was handy for storing bacon and milk brought from the store within the Festival ready for breakfast each day.
- Gas Cooker – Spare Gas < We just took our small 1 gas burner cooker, this year we will take our bigger one with 2 gas burners and a toaster facility.
- Plates – Bowls – Cups – Cutlery
- Washing Up Bowl – Liquid – Cloth < and a drying up cloth!
- Rubbish Bags
- Sauce Pans – Kettle
- Kitchen Roll
Food & Drink:
Bottled Water< Again not needed, there are so many water facilities doted around the festival, just bring an empty bottle and keep topping up.
- UHT Milk (Freeze beforehand it will last longer in the cool box)
- Cereal – Muesli Bars
- Tea – Coffee – Sugar
- Tinned Foods (Remember a tin opener)
- Cider (Remember NO GLASS)
- Medicines < I went over board with this, as I always worry with the kids, but I didn’t need to, there was a fantastic pharmacy within the Festival.
- First Aid < I will just use the one we have in the car and leave it there just in case its needed.
Soap – Shower Gel< lol We never went near a shower the whole time, just take a few packs of baby wipes to freshen up every morning. Towel – Flannel< Wet wipes!
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Nappies – Wet Wipes
- Toilet Roll < The toilets all had plenty of toilet rolls.
- Insect Repellant < Never had any problem with insects
Hair Brush – Bobbles< The children just developed a feral child style, and they never touched a hair brush the whole time.
- Face Paints
- Sun Cream – After Sun Lotion
- Insect Repellant – Bite Relief < Maybe put some bite relief in the first aid kit in the car?
- Garden Trolley (Decorate to match the fancy dress theme) < We brought a big metal garden trolley, it was great for getting kit to the car, but its was so heavy and the hills were so big to get from campsite to festival, it ended up being our little kitchen trolley in the tent. We are hoping to get a more light weight one, or just use a off road pushchair instead.
Bike Lock< We never used this, it was all very friendly and safe feeling
- Cushions < some sort of padding in the garden trolley is a good idea if you are using one.
- Fairy Lights < Ours broke within an hour, so just stock up on glow sticks.
- Ear Defenders < We didn’t take any last year, but our eldest couldn’t stand the noise levels in the big top, so we will take some for her, but they are readily available to buy in the festival shops.
- Sharpie (Tattoo your number on your child’s’ arm) < They provide arm bands for kids if you want one.
- Small Cool Bag for Snacks
- Rain Ponchos – Umbrella
- Wellies – Socks
- Sun Hat – Glasses
- Warm Evening Clothes
- Flip Flops
- Fancy Dress (Circus Theme) < We are all planning to take part this year.
For the Kids:
Paper – Pencils< They never sat still for long enough to want to draw.
- Bubbles < a must!
- Toys < Maybe some outdoor type games like tennis to play around the camping area
- Camera – Charger < We are looking into getting a solar charger this year as I was always going back to the car to give the phone a quick charge.
- Safe Place to hid valuables unless you pay for storage at the Festival < I just kept important things like car keys, and money on us, and never had a problem with general items in the tent.
To make things easier, I have created a up to date list you can download, print and tick off as you pack, I hope it helps, and maybe see you there!
Camp Bestival Packing List 2014.pdf
|Date:||July 15, 2014|