For the first time ever Camp Bestival is very excited to present The Den, an amazing new area dedicated solely to 13 – 17 yr olds. It’s a micro-festival within a festival – showcasing new and emerging talent; from artists to DJs, comedians to authors, talks to techno and much more. Created in conjunction with The Roundhouse, and sitting alongside Rob da Bank’s Music Club, it’s the first area of its kind curated by a team of young festival producers.
The Den’s genre-swerving line-up won’t disappoint, either – whether its contemporary folk, live drum & bass or house that rings your bell, you better come prepared to hear some future stars. There will be live sets from founders of brand new genre Fip Fok, CoCo and the Butterfields, Cornish surfer and singer songwriter Nathan Ball, live drum & bass four-piece Animal House, the darkly melodic Fran Lobo, R&B pop force Karyma Ellis, Uke warriors Medina Ukulele Orchestra, nu-soulster Christen Kwama, acoustic troubadour Ali Gauld, multi-genre rap artist ShaoDow, classically trained Tyler Rix and party hip-hoppers Too Many T’s . Plus there will be DJ sets from Pharaoh K & Absynth, DJ Lukey, SGI DJs, Rats In Me Kitchen, Stanley Hood, Hadda and Erol Sabadosh.
Andy Robb, author, actor and all round hero will be talking about his novel, Geekhood, and The Den is lucky enough to be playing host to an award winning selection of Roundhouse Associate Artists including Poetry Slam winner Antosh Wojcik. If you want to hear about Fashion journalism from the Editor in Chief of The Cool Fashion, see 21 Ukuleles play simultaneously or try Yoga with a disco twist, then you’re in luck because The Den’s playing host to a range of bizarre and wonderful things!
The Den’s curators have hand-picked some of the best bits of The Guardian Literary Institute, and special guests from around the festival exclusively for 13-17s. To top all that The Amazing Corner will be spreading their positivity over the area; screening films, performing main stage takeovers and hosting open mic performances. And, if that’s not enough, there’s the 10-piece Roundhouse brass band thrown in for good measure.
But don’t just take our word for it, if you want the 411 on everything that’s in store before you head down to Camp Bestival, The Den has its own Facebook page and Twitter; you know what to do – like and follow for all the action.
And when you get to Camp Bestival, head over to The Den to lose yourself in new music and try something life changing…who knows, you could be on the line-up next year!
Camp Bestival Circus Runaway Information Centre:- Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest Ticketline, 0844 888 4410 Limited Day Tickets available now:
* NB: All teens (aged 11 to 17) MUST camp in the same area as their families with a maximum of 2 teens per adult (over the age of 26)
- Adult Day Ticket – £60 per day
- Age 15 to 17 Day Ticket – £35 per day
- Age 11-14 Day Ticket – £30 per day
- Age 5 – 10 Day Ticket – £15 per day
- Age 4 & Under Day Ticket – FREE (but ticket required)
- Day Car Parking – £5 cash available in advance or payable on arrival
- Adult Weekend Ticket (inc. camping) – £195 Adult Tickets are for anyone aged 18 or over on 31/07/2014
- Student Weekend Ticket (inc. camping) – £180 Student Tickets are for Students with valid ID between 31/07/2014
- Age 15 to 17 Weekend Ticket (inc. camping) – £113 Age 15 to 17 Weekend Tickets are for anyone aged 15 to 17 on 31/07/2014. These ticket holders must be accompanied by a Ticket holding parent or guardian over the age of 30*
- Age 11 to 14 Weekend Ticket (inc. camping) – £88 Age 11 to 14 Weekend Tickets are for anyone aged 11 to 14 on 31/07/2014. These ticket holders must be accompanied by a Ticket holding parent or guardian over the age of 26*
All Tickets: – will incur a booking fee. – are non-transferable and cannot be re-sold.
- Age 5 -10 Weekend Ticket (inc. camping) – £20 These ticket holders must be accompanied by a Ticket holding parent or guardian over the age of 21*
- Age 4 and Under Weekend Ticket (inc. camping) – FREE (but ticket still required)
- Age 4 and Under Weekend Tickets are for anyone aged 4 and under on 31/07/2014. These ticket holders must be accompanied by a Ticket holding parent or guardian over the age of 21*
- Camping Plus Plot – £125
- Advance Car Parking – £11
- Campervan Ticket – £72 per vehicle (sold out)
- Caravan/Trailer tent ticket (includes a car parking space) – £83 (sold out)